My Husband "Subvet" says that when our first son "Sonshine" was born the sun rose on our world, when our second son "Gator" was born the sun laughed and when our daughter "Sugars" was born all the flowers bloomed. That says it all.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Your mind is the garden, your
thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can either be flowers or weeds. — William
Wordsworth

Monday, December 16, 2013

My girl Mak


We got a new dog during my blog silence.  She's most likely a Black Mouth Cur named Mikayla or as we call her "Mak"
 
 
See her head on MY knee?  While she's an excellent family dog and plays with/loves us all, she is most attached to me.

 
A friend of mine rescued her out of a shelter where she was LITERALLY just a couple hours away from being euthanized.  My friend fostered her for 4 months and then when we started looking for a dog in September we adopted our Big Mak.  (at 77lbs of SOLID muscle that BIG is no joke!)
 
So I left the house at 6:30am and returned at 6pm today after my first day of orientation at work.  When I got home my dog positively ATTACKED me!  I mean it was a Big Mak Attack!!  Hubby said, "well, it's the longest you've been away from her since we got her"  WOW!  I hadn't thought about that! 

 
Hubby was home all day without a car, so she wasn't alone....but still....I guess my sweet girl missed me a bit.

 
Yeah, I missed her too, especially our Walkies, I won't get to walk her again till I get off this 8-5 orientation schedule.  It always amazes me how quickly and easily these 4 legged friends attach themselves to our hearts. 
 
 

1 comment:

p!nkrocks said...

Nothing better than a Big Mak Attack at the end of a long day! Doggie love is without reservstions and lasts forever. Big hug to Makkie. Hope you like the new job